Thursday 29 May 2014

An Archer and a Date!

So, first, the Archer:

This is the latest in the Thomas Hine section of my Etsy shop and reminds me of how much Thomas loved archery. I remember one hot afternoon, while I did a workout inside, Thomas practising in the field with the sun on his back. He very rarely removed his top in public because of all the surgical scarring on his chest, so his skin was totally unprepared and he was too focussed to feel his skin sizzling. I have never seen such bad sunburn and it was even worse a couple of days later when the healing itching set in and we were visiting his grandparents. We had to keep sneaking off for me to slather his back in Pickle's nappy cream - I don't know what everyone else thought we were doing. Anyway, here he is, fully clothed and minus the Sudocrem, giving Rima a quick lesson while Pickle tries to help, wearing her Miss Havisham dress:


And now the incredible news that I have a date! I am playing with you here - I'm still a lightyear or two away from going on a romantic date, but I do have a date for my mastectomies after a hard year of waiting! I made my weekly phonecall, expecting the usual, 'We'll talk to him and get back to you' (which no-one ever did), but instead was told, 'Well, I've got you down for the 9th of June.' 'Oh,' I said, 'Will a letter be arriving sometime then?' 'I expect so.' she said. So, I am very glad I made that call and didn't miss my surgery because I didn't know about it. My house has been ready for months, in case I got a cancellation. Everything's down from my top shelves and I've bulk ordered everything from quinoa (dahlink) to baby wipes. (Yes, we still use them. I will use them forever for a hundred things.) I've put up lower towel and coat hooks and stockpiled vitamins and vegetable juice. By great good fortune Pickle's Gappy had already booked that week off for a dogsit which has been cancelled, so childcare for the first few days while I emerge from the general anaesthetic is covered and I already have multiple lift offers for getting me there for 7:30 am. Tom Hirons of Source Point Community Acupuncture will be sticking sharp things in me, setting light to stuff on my skin and peering at my tongue in a knowing manner, so all I have left to do is enjoy my lovely breasts while I still have them.

12 comments:

  1. Seems appropriate that the archery images accompany this post on your surgery - setting your sights and all. Very best of luck, dear Lunar!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the surgeons knife cut as clear and true as Thomas's arrows, may the masectomies bring you the peace of heart you desire and may you recover as swiftly as the fletched feathers fly. Very much love from us. I'll be round with whatever healing brews the spirits suggest when you've had a few days of Gappy ministered rest. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lunar! What a bittersweet week you will have. Take time with your healing, don't rush it. Sending you so much healing energy, Lois.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While you still have them, why don't you look into preserving a "bust " of your self. I think I will anyway before it all goes south! Love Anne-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck and positive, healing thoughts from us, Luna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so lovely that you're able to bring to light Thomas' talents!
    You'll be in my thoughts next week.
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJune 07, 2014

    Dear Lunar, wishing you strength and love and courage, the sure feet of a deer and elfin beauty in your new form. V x

    ReplyDelete
  10. All my thoughts are with you Lunar, for a quick and uncomplicated surgery, and a speedy recovery. Take very good care of yourself. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone. I'm doing great :o).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Công ty vận chuyển hàng nước ngoài FadoExpress hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi úcgửi hàng đi đài loan và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...