Monday 18 July 2011

Almost a rockery

Desperation

The gods
drop crumbs
from their table.
I eat them.
I am lost.


Lies

If it was only
other people
who told me lies,
I would barely
mind at all.


Rain

Rain worms through my dreads.
Carefully, I split my skin,
clavicle to pubis,
opening so the water worms
can make compost of my history
and I can start afresh.


Waiting

Waiting
for something worth stating
...
...
...
frustrating.


Magic

As I sculpt words and colour
to call magic into our home,
my husband simply
builds a door for it to enter.


Patience

If you are lucky,
the patience of the healthy
is in a negative correlation
to the health of the patient.

2 comments:

  1. Especially enjoyed 'Magic'. The reverse could be true too:

    While he struggled
    with saw, hammer, nails and plane
    building a door for magic to enter
    you simply painted it in.

    Thanks so much for leaving your poem 'Waiting' on my blog in response to 'Poplars'.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Chris, delightful! And you're very welcome. 'Poplars' is enjoyably breezy :o).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...