Thursday 13 January 2011

Poetic Morsels and Whimsy

Two more of these fun little poetry morsels we call small stones:


January mist
Softens the edges;
Unhurries time


January mist
Plays peep-oh
With mountains


And a longer piece of whimsy which comes courtesy of an exercise from my Life Writing class with Chris Waters :

 

 I come from the woods,
A creature of dark earth and lofty hidey holes.

I come from the fields,
A woman of hard work and generous bounty.

I come from the moors,
An artist of agorophobic freedom and vast ideas.

I come from the oceans,
A being of sinuous comunity and heartful predation.

I come from the mountains,
A spirit of wild wisdom and true healing.

I come to this pass,
A devoted pilgrim seeking the future. 


Hopefully I've just organised my next exhibition, so soon I'll have more paintings for you. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, just beautiful. These sing, they really do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quality! 'I' fits you brilliantly!

    Love you,
    T x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I am grinning. May you have songs in your heart all day. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...